The Missing Link for SLPs
6 Must-Have Skills SLPs Need for Surviving COVID-19
In this episode we're going to be talking about more resilience techniques, strategies and mindset development to navigate COVID-19 as an SLP.
Focus & Story
- In this episode - meaning of resilience: the capacity to recover from difficulties.
- Who Moved My Cheese story
- Develop Perspective
- Understanding the big picture
- Identifying strengths & edges
- Setting goals
- Where’s your Waldo
- Positive psychology
- Understand neuroplasticity
- Be mindful of your negatives
- Hang in there for the long run
Tip For Success
- Catch one negative thought a day and turn it around with a positive “What if…” curiosity question.
Quote Of The Week
“The future belongs to the curious. The ones who are not afraid to try it, explore it, poke at it, question it, and turn it inside out.” Anonymous
- The Seven Secret Linings of This Pandemic
- The Surprising Opportunity We Call Teletherapy
Keep the Conversation Going
Thank you for listening to The Missing Link for SLPs podcast! If you enjoyed the show, I'd love you to subscribe, rate it and leave a short review. Also, please share an episode with a friend. Together we can raise awareness and help more SLPs find and connect those missing links to help them feel confident in their patient care every step of the way.
Not a substitute for a formal SLP education or medical advice for patients/caregivers.
Brought to you by Mattie Murrey, MA, CCC/SLP - Fresh SLP of The Missing Link for SLPs