The Missing Link for SLPs
5 Surprising Skills SLPs Need for the Unknown Future
Life is hard. Being an SLP can be hard as well. We often enter graduate school with "stars in our eyes," yet here we are in reality. This episode covers the five surprising skills that speech pathologists need for our unknown future: daringness, curiosity, authenticity, critical thinking, and perseverance.
Focus & Story
- Actions and choices that shape our resiliency and ability to move forward.
- Skydiving story.
Discussion & Reflection Questions
- Daringness - what role does smart daring play in resiliency?
- Curiosity - why is curiosity important to resiliency?
- Authenticity - how does being authentic increase my resiliency factor?
- Critical thinking - when is critical thinking important?
- Perseverance - what happens with a little (or a lot) of persistence?
Challenge Of The Week
- Have a conversation and do some critical thinking with your peers about how to take actions and strengthen your resiliency factor, together.
Quote Of The Week
“Falling down is part of life. Getting back up is living.” Jose N. Harris
Tip For Success
- Practice being authentic
- The Seven Secret Linings of This Pandemic
- The Surprising Opportunity We Call Teletherapy
Keep the Conversation Going
Thank you for listening to The Missing Link for SLPs podcast! If you enjoyed the show, I'd love you to subscribe, rate it and leave a short review. Also, please share an episode with a friend. Together we can raise awareness and help more SLPs find and connect those missing links to help them feel confident in their patient care every step of the way.
Not a substitute for a formal SLP education or medical advice for patients/caregivers.
Brought to you by Mattie Murrey, MA, CCC/SLP - Fresh SLP of The Missing Link for SLPs