The Missing Link for SLPs
Combating Stress, Anxiety, and Decreased Motivation in Your Job
I've had people ask me quite a bit this week. "Mattie, how do you handle the stress and anxiety with your job?" And when I was at the hospital this week, I noticed that I just was not as motivated. So let's talk about how to manage stress, anxiety, and decreased motivation in our job as SLPs.
- Handling new stresses with real “in-the-trenches” responses
- Like so many of you, my hours have changed…
Discussion & Reflection Questions
- Hey Professor Questions
- Ways to Combat Stress
- Ways to Combat Anxiety
- Ways to Increase Motivation
Challenge Of The Week
- "Stress does more than make you sick. It destroys your peace, hopes, and dreams." - Ellie Scrimmer. Address your stress. Address your anxiety. Deal with them head on.
Quote Of The Week
“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” William James
Tip For Success
- Be strong and find help when you need it. There is no shame. Talk to your medical provider, find a counselor - help yourself. This is all about you.
- 3 Secret Silver Linings of This Pandemic
Keep the Conversation Going
Thank you for listening to The Missing Link for SLPs podcast! If you enjoyed the show, I'd love you to subscribe, rate it and leave a short review. Also, please share an episode with a friend. Together we can raise awareness and help more SLPs find and connect those missing links to help them feel confident in their patient care every step of the way.
Not a substitute for a formal SLP education or medical advice for patients/caregivers.
Brought to you by Mattie Murrey, MA, CCC/SLP - Fresh SLP of The Missing Link for SLPs