The Missing Link for SLPs
An Introduction to the Medical SLP
Ever wondered what it's like to be an SLP in a medical setting? Listen and learn with Mattie as she gives an overview of what it's like being a medical SLP!
- Storytelling and discussion based on “Post It note questions for the professor”
- Become familiar with the responsibilities of the medical SLP
Discussion & Reflection Questions
- Where might the medical SLP work?
- What type of disorders will a medical SLP evaluate and treat?
- What are the primary etiologies?
- How heavy is the caseload?
- What type of hours and flexibility can I expect?
- What is the pay scale and opportunities for advancement?
Challenge Of The Week
- Think about the type of medical setting in which you would like to work...
Quote Of The Week
“The secret to success is to be ready when your opportunity comes.” Benjamin Disraeli
Tip For Success
- Always look for opportunities.
- A Day in the Life of a Medical SLP
- Imposter Syndrome
Keep the Conversation Going
Thank you for listening to The Missing Link for SLPs podcast! If you enjoyed the show, I'd love you to subscribe, rate it and leave a short review. Also, please share an episode with a friend. Together we can raise awareness and help more SLPs find and connect those missing links to help them feel confident in their patient care every step of the way.
Not a substitute for a formal SLP education or medical advice for patients/caregivers.
Brought to you by Mattie Murrey, MA, CCC/SLP - Fresh SLP of The Missing Link for SLPs