The Missing Link for SLPs
"Shh, be quiet! I’m trying to learn!" Top 5 Strategies for Staying Focused During Remote Learning
In this episode, I want to talk about ways to maximize your remote learning, journey and challenges as we as SLPs respond to COVID-19.
- Ways to maximize your remote learning opportunity!
- My daughter, when she studies, can have music and a movie going on at the same time. Her phone is right beside her and she seems to easily stay focused on her studies. Me? I need it quiet!
Discussion & Reflection Questions
- How do I maximize my remote learning
- How do I establish boundaries
- How to I stick to my boundaries
- What happens if I don’t have a good day
- What happens after my class
- How do I keep in touch with my professor
- How do I get the help I need to
- How do I stay in touch with my cohort
- What if I feel I am going stir-crazy
Challenge Of The Week
- Learn to embrace loneliness and find areas to grow outside of yourself.
Quote Of The Week
“A season of loneliness and isolation is when a caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you get your wings.” Mandy Hale
Tips for Success
- During this stay-a-shelter time, we must learn to be resilient. Reflect on the lessons you are learning so you can carry them forward into life-after COVID 19.
- What if you’re terrified of what’s coming?
- What’s next? The future of SLPs
- 5 must-have skills for SLPs to master during this pandemic
Keep the Conversation Going
Thank you for listening to The Missing Link for SLPs podcast! If you enjoyed the show, I'd love you to subscribe, rate it and leave a short review. Also, please share an episode with a friend. Together we can raise awareness and help more SLPs find and connect those missing links to help them feel confident in their patient care every step of the way.
Not a substitute for a formal SLP education or medical advice for patients/caregivers.
Brought to you by Mattie Murrey, MA, CCC/SLP - Fresh SLP of The Missing Link for SLPs